View From The U – Producer
Senior Leadership scholarship position – This position is awarded a scholarship for 2022-2023. All scholarships are determined by position, time commitment, responsibility, and financial budget determined in April. Specific questions about scholarship amounts may be directed to Kody Carbone – [email protected]
The Producer of VFTU is a scholarship position and one of two primary leadership positions in VFTU. As a leader in the organization, the Producer is responsible to assist the Director and ensure the quality of the content being produced. The producer also oversees with the Marketing/Communications team and reports to the director.
Responsibilities: The Producer’s duty is to assist recruiting, training, and lead the production side of VFTU if the Director is not there. This means you must have enough time during the week to:
- Manage production schedule and staffing on all projects.
- Ensure that production of all filming meets standards set by the leadership team.
- Regularly respond to work messages via Slack and Gmail
- Attend mandatory meetings
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications Team
- Work with other producer to create a new and innovative segment per semester
This is a leadership role in the sense that you will be a point of contact for any concerns relating to production and help make executive decisions regarding such concerns. This means that failure to be on time, effectively communicate in a professional manner, and meet deadlines will threaten your status as the Producer.
Expectations & Duties:
- Oversee video planning and production for Student Media brands.
- Recruit, select and maintain a team of students to assist in planning and production.
- Responsible for helping manage video distribution strategy.
- Generate ideas for new content and topics.
- Provide training and support to interns and staff.
- Organize and manage team meetings.
- Attend leadership meetings as directed.
- Previous work and/or education and training in video production. Preference given to applicants with prior experience in VFTU or Student Media.
- Experience in producing video for different audiences and settings, such as entertainment, business, and journalism.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary software and tools used in the video production process.
- Experience or knowledge of content distribution, particularly in the fields of video and film.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or previous management experience preferred.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in film and media arts, mass communication, journalism, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
Deadline to Apply: April 8th.
Bringing on two people for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com