Internship Position Description
The Chronicle has been the independent student voice on campus since 1890! They’re looking for passionate, dedicated students who are interested in joining the team!
Commitment: 5-10 hours/week. Varies during the semester based on deadlines, desk needs, and assignments.
Scholarship Opportunities: First semester unpaid. Scholarships start to be available in the second semester. Each student is eligible to apply for a scholarship but it will be contingent on overall performance, commitment, enrollment, and fiscal budget. If a student doesn’t receive a scholarship they will continue serving as an intern until scholarship applications open for the following semester.
Timeline: Applications will be reviewed as received. Student positions will be filled/start for Fall 2022.
Job Description: The narrative podcast’s sound engineer will be responsible for the execution of the audio aspect of the podcast. This will include recording interviews and host dialogue, collecting sound that will add to the podcast, and coordinating the podcast’s music. This individual will be expected to edit, produce, and post the podcast while working closely with both the executive producer and producer of the show.
- Experience editing audio
- Experience with audition or other recording software’s
- Experience with recording hardware
- Experience collecting audio
- Experience with narrative storytelling
- Enrolled at the University of Utah and making progress towards a degree
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to commit to the overall hourly commitment per semester including team meetings
- Able to meet strict deadlines and manage time appropriately
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com