Internship Position Description
The Chronicle has been the independent student voice on campus since 1890! They’re looking for passionate, dedicated students who are interested in joining the team!
Commitment: 5-10 hours/week. Varies during the semester based on deadlines, desk needs, and assignments.
Scholarship Opportunities: First semester unpaid. Scholarships start to be available in the second semester. Each student is eligible to apply for a scholarship but it will be contingent on overall performance, commitment, enrollment, and fiscal budget. If a student doesn’t receive a scholarship they will continue serving as an intern until scholarship applications open for the following semester.
Timeline: Applications will be reviewed as received. Student positions will be filled/start for Fall 2022.
Job Description: The podcast host will be the voice and, therefore, face of the podcast. Furthermore, this individual will be the main reporter on each episode. This means generating story ideas, being creative with outlines, and having the willingness to dive into a certain topic through narrative storytelling. This individual will be responsible for producing content; writing outlines and scripts. They will also be responsible for conducting interviews.
- Creativity, being able want to explore new ideas
- Experience with Audition
- Experience with narrative storytelling
- Journalistic experience
- Any voice-acting or recording experience
- Enrolled at the University of Utah and making progress towards a degree
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to commit to the overall hourly commitment per semester including team meetings
- Able to meet strict deadlines and manage time appropriately
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org