Scholarship Position Description
Radio Senior Leadership – This position is awarded a scholarship for 2023-2024. All scholarships are determined by position, time commitment, responsibility, and financial budget determined in April. Specific questions about scholarship amounts may be directed to Josh Petersen – [email protected] or (801) 581-6397.
The K-UTE Station Manager selects students to be awarded a scholarship to serve as Broadcast Directors of K-UTE Radio.
Each director will be over their own respective genre. These requirements and priorities come before any and all side projects. If the priorities and requirements listed below are not met, reevaluation of this position will occur. This could consist of activity monitoring, position reallocation, or a scholarship rate decrease upon the reevaluation process.
- ATTENTION: This position requires a significant time commitment. If you are chosen and accept this position, it will be expected that you can satisfactorily meet the time commitment necessary. This means that you agree to not accept other positions outside of student media or otherwise make commitments that will impact your ability to meet this expectation.
- Mentoring team leaders and team members by providing them with direction and answering their questions.
- Meeting with your team WEEKLY
- Encourage all team members to create content.
- Monitor and upload music and podcasts into the web player
- Promote and collaborate with other Utecast platform directors
- Network with artists and local music venues to provide interview opportunities to team members.
- Must attend any and all leadership meetings unless otherwise specified.
- Meet with team weekly
- Have excellent communication skills (both through email, in-person, and through Slack).
- Teach team members and leaders how to get interviews and properly interview artists.
- Aid in creating content with team members (providing ideas).
- Provide direction & mentoring for team members.
- Communicate with team members and team leaders regularly.
- Previous work and/or education and training in broadcasting, podcasting, or audio/video production. Preference given to applicants with prior experience in Student Media entertainment platforms.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary equipment and software used in the broadcasting and recording process.
- Experience or knowledge of media marketing and content distribution, particularly in the fields of social media and community outreach.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or previous management experience preferred.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in mass communication, broadcast, film and media, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
All side projects are encouraged but should only be pursued after all requirements and priorities have been met.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed during spring 2023 and interviews will be scheduled by the UteCast Director. The position is open until filled. The experiential learning term is May 2023 through April 2024. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.
Use this form to apply now:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com