Campus Outreach Coordinator
Scholarship Position Description:
Radio Senior Leadership – This position is awarded a scholarship for 2021-2022. All scholarships are determined by position, time commitment, responsibility, and financial budget determined in April. Specific questions about scholarship amounts may be directed to Kody Carbone – [email protected] or (801) 581-6397.
The K-UTE Station Manager selects a student to be awarded a scholarship to serve as Campus Outreach Coordinators.
These requirements and priorities come before any and all side projects. If the priorities and requirements listed below are not met, reevaluation of this position will occur. All team leaders are required to be on at least two teams, one being at least Content or Events & Promotions. This could consist of activity monitoring, position reallocation, or a scholarship rate decrease upon the reevaluation process.
The Campus Outreach Coordinator is responsible for increasing cultural awareness on campus and helping to build a community around K-UTE amongst students and faculty at the U.
Responsibilities & Priorities:
- Attend campus events as a K-UTE representative.
- Coordinate promotion of events on campus and in the city with the social media team.
- Collaborate with musicians and artists to bring their art to our campus community.
- Collaborate with other members of K-UTE.
- Create training and tutorials to help team members easily produce podcasts.
- Meet regularly with team members.
- As appropriate, create content.
- Must attend and schedule meetings with the outreach team.
- Meet with the Station Manager and other leadership biweekly.
- Maintain current knowledge of on-campus events and community.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with team members and other officials regularly through both virtual and in-person meetings and methods.
- Report progress to Station Manager.
- Previous work and/or education and training in broadcasting, podcasting, or audio/video production. Preference is given to applicants with prior experience in Student Media entertainment platforms.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary software used in web publishing.
- Experience or knowledge of media marketing and content distribution, particularly in the fields of social media and community outreach.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or previous management experience preferred.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in mass communication, broadcast, film, and media, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
All side projects are encouraged, but should only be pursued after all requirements and priorities have been met.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed during spring 2021 and interviews will be scheduled by the Station Manager. The position is open until filled. The experiential learning term is May 2021 through April 2022. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com