Scholarship Position Description
Radio Senior Leadership – This position is awarded a scholarship for 2021-2022. All scholarships are determined by position, time commitment, responsibility, and financial budget determined in April. Specific questions about scholarship amounts may be directed to Kody Carbone – [email protected] or (801) 581-6397.
The K-UTE Station Manager selects a student to be awarded a scholarship to serve as Events and Promotions Director of K-UTE Radio.
These requirements and priorities come before any and all side projects. If the priorities and requirements listed below are not met, reevaluation of this position will occur. This could consist of activity monitoring, position reallocation, or a scholarship rate decrease upon the reevaluation process.
- ATTENTION: This position requires a significant time commitment. If you are chosen and accept this position, it will be expected that you can satisfactorily meet the time commitment necessary. This means that you agree to not accept other positions outside of student media or otherwise make commitments that will impact your ability to meet this expectation.
- Train teammates on the four main aspects of K-UTE Radio, Live broadcast, Blog writing, Podcast production, and Events & Promotions (tabling, proposals, social media, contacting for press, organizing giveaways).
- Organize tabling events to allow students to get their service hours (at least 4 a semester).
- Contact groups on campus to inform them about K-UTE services.
- Retrieve monthly tickets, organize them and post the list on #concertgoers channel on slack in a timely manner.
- Schedule local bands to perform on campus and coordinate and execute live performances.
- Must attend any and all Directors/Leadership meetings unless otherwise specified.
- Meet with Team Leaders biweekly and entire team monthly.
- Have excellent communication skills (both through email and in-person).
- Work with team members to organize events and promotional content.
- Aid in creating content with team members (providing ideas).
- Provide direction & mentoring for team members.
- Teach team members how to write proposals, schedule events, and network.
- Report progress to Station Manager.
- Previous work and/or education and training in broadcasting, podcasting, or audio/video production. Preference given to applicants with prior experience in Student Media entertainment platforms.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary equipment and software used in the broadcasting process.
- Experience or knowledge of media marketing and content distribution, particularly in the fields of social media and community outreach.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or previous management experience preferred.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in mass communication, broadcast, film and media, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
All side projects are encouraged, but should only be pursued after all requirements and priorities have been met.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed during spring 2021 and interviews will be scheduled by the Station Manager. The position is open until filled. The experiential learning term is May 2021 through April 2022. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.
Use this form to apply now: