Contributor Scholarship Application – Summer 2023
There are varying levels of scholarship amounts for Contributors, based on the involvement and the content created. Additionally, students can hold up to 2 (max) Contributor scholarships per semester. This is because if we factor in an average student’s course load plus other commitments that can hinder Student Media projects/assignments or student’s progress in classes. If you’re applying for multiple desks/platforms then please submit a separate application for each desk/platform.
- Level 1 contributors: 1-2 assignments/week (less than 10 hours/week)
- Level 2 contributors: 2-4 assignments/week (min 10 hours/week)
- Level 3 contributors: 4+ assignments/week (12-15 hours/week)
Expectations & Duties:
- Contributors are expected to fill assignments given by student leaders, ranging from a few assignments to several per week, depending upon the contributor’s availability/needs of the team. Expectations and assignments can change during the semester but will be clearly outlined by student leaders.
- Must meet all assigned deadlines for content delivery.
- Contributors are responsible to manage sources/contacts for stories/projects.
- Contributors are to provide story/content ideas and help in the planning process.
- Must attend scheduled meetings/trainings.
- Previous experience relevant to the position applied for is required.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the necessary software and tools used in content creation/management.
- Must be an enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
DEADLINE to apply – May 7th, 2023, by 5 PM
Scholarship positions are not jobs. We cannot verify employment for you in the future based on these positions. We can state that you were involved and that you received a scholarship as compensation, but in the traditional sense of verifying employment, it simply doesn’t work.