Scholarship Position Description
Junior Leadership scholarship position – This position is awarded a scholarship for 2021-2022. All scholarships are determined by position, time commitment, responsibility, and financial budget determined in April. Specific questions about scholarship amounts may be directed to Kody Carbone – [email protected] or (801) 581-6397.
The Managing Editor and Editor-in-Chief select a student to be awarded a scholarship to serve as Social Media Manager of The Utah Chronicle.
Expectations & Duties:
- Manage social media accounts for the Chronicle.
- Develop and execute strategies to increase engagement and follower count.
- Post daily on all accounts with appropriate and professional messaging.
- Meet once a week with the Digital Managing Editor to discuss follower growth and engagement.
- Run analytics to measure engagement and follower growth.
- Proficient knowledge of Social Media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook).
- Experience in writing for different audiences and settings.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary software and tools used in social media.
- Experience or knowledge of media marketing and content distribution, particularly in the fields of social media and community outreach.
- Content management, audience engagement, editing, or other similar experience preferred.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in mass communication, journalism, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed during spring 2021 and interviews will be scheduled by the Editor-in-Chief The position is open until filled. The experiential learning term is May 2021 through April 2022. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.