Contributor Position Description
Contributors for the Chronicle fill the following roles: reporters, writers, photographers, copy editors, social media managers and similar types of positions. They are the primary content creators of the Chronicle.
Applications are being accepted for the following desks:
- Arts Desk
- Sports Desk
- News Desk
- Opinion Desk
- Investigative Desk
- Copy Desk
Applications are being accepted for the following creative teams:
- Social Media Managers
- Page Design / Illustrator
The time commitment for each individual is determined by the desk editor interviewing for positions.
Expectations & Duties:
- Contributors are expected to fill assignments given by desk editors, ranging from a few assignments to several per week, depending upon the contributor’s availability.
- Must meet all assigned deadlines for content delivery.
- Contributors are responsible to manage sources and contacts for stories and assignments.
- Writers and reporters are expected to provide story and content ideas and help in the planning process with desk editors.
- Must attend scheduled meetings/trainings.
- Previous experience relevant to the position applied for is required.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the necessary software and tools used in digital and print publishing.
- Experience with the necessary equipment (photography) is preferred.
- Must be an enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed as received. The position is open until filled. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.