Social Media Contributor – Student Contributor
The Chronicle has been the independent student voice on campus since 1890! They’re looking for passionate, dedicated people who are interested in joining the team! Position details are listed below.
Expectations & Duties:
- Using best copywriting practices, write copy for a variety of social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Report to and meet deadlines set by the Social Media Manager and Assistant Social Media Manager
- Work with photographers and designers to create social media content.
- Work with the Chronicle leadership to make timely, relevant social media posts.
- Dedicates 5–10 hours a week to the Chronicle’s social media.
- Attends all appropriate team meetings and training opportunities
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Experience in writing for different audiences and settings.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary software and tools used in social media.
- Experience or knowledge of media marketing and content distribution, particularly in the fields of social media and community outreach.
- Content management, audience engagement, editing, or other similar experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of journalistic practices and AP Style preferred.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in mass communications, journalism, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
*This is considered a student scholarship position and would be rewarded based on the dedication and experience of each candidate.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed as received. The position is open until filled. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.