Internship Position Description
The Chronicle has been the independent student voice on campus since 1890! They’re looking for passionate, dedicated students who are interested in joining the team!
Commitment: 5-10 hours/week. Varies during the semester based on deadlines, desk needs, and assignments.
Scholarship Opportunities: First semester unpaid. Scholarships start to be available in the second semester. Each student is eligible to apply for a scholarship but it will be contingent on overall performance, commitment, enrollment, and fiscal budget. If a student doesn’t receive a scholarship they will continue serving as an intern until scholarship applications open for the following semester.
Timeline: Applications will be reviewed as received. Student positions will be filled/start for summer 2021 and fall 2021.
Student Internship Positions Available:
- Copy Editors
- Page Designers
- Social Media Managers
- Website Developers
- Audio/Video Producers
- Experience in one of the above positions
- WordPress and or Adobe experience is highly desired
- Background in or knowledge of one or more of the following fields: Journalism, Communication, English, Writing & Rhetoric, Humanities, Film & Media Arts, Photography, Graphic Design, and Marketing.
- That being said, applicants from anywhere on campus will be considered according to their own unique ability to contribute to the Newspaper, regardless of course work.
- Enrolled at the University of Utah and making progress towards a degree.
- Willingness to learn if lack of experience.
- Able to commit to the overall hourly commitment per semester including team meetings and training.
- Strong ability to participate either in a team setting and or independently.
- Able to meet strict deadlines and manage time appropriately.