Audio Producer – Student Contributor
The Chronicle has been the independent student voice on campus since 1890! They’re looking for passionate, dedicated people who are interested in joining the team! Position details are listed below.
Expectations & Duties:
- Works with Chronicle leadership and contributors to plan and distribute audio content (e.g. narration of articles, podcasts, etc.).
- Produce and edit audio content for the Chronicle.
- Reports to the Managing Editor.
- Work with the Video Producer to provide excellent audio for Chronicle video projects.
- Dedicates 5–10 hours a week to audio-based collaborative projects with Chronicle leadership and contributors.
- Attends all appropriate team meetings and training opportunities.
- Experience with audio production.
- Proficiency in using audio recording equipment.
- Proficiency in using necessary audio recording and editing software.
- Knowledge of or experience with podcast production.
- Familiarity with journalism and audio production ties.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
*This is considered a student scholarship position and would be rewarded based on the dedication and experience of each candidate.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed as received. The position is open until filled. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.