Student Advertising Sales Manager
Student Media at the University of Utah seeks at least two students to become Student Advertising Managers for the department. These positions are responsible to help manage and oversee the sale of advertising of all Student Media platforms to ensure customer satisfaction and revenue growth of all platforms.
Student Media is the department of the University of Utah tasked with operating experiential learning opportunities for students in journalism, advertising, media, entertainment and other communication areas. Our platforms include: The Daily Utah Chronicle, K-UTE Radio, Wasatch magazine, thegeekwave.com, View from the U, and any other student run platforms supported by the department.
Advertising Managers are primarily sales positions. Specifically, this position will oversee the following advertising sales functions as detailed below: advertising orders, local and campus clients, new revenue generation, special product management.
The Advertising Managers report jointly to the Director of Student Media and to the Partnership Sales Manager for Auxilliary Business Services. Advertising Managers are also expected to maintain a close working relationship with platform managers and content leadership of all platforms.
Commitment: 15-20 hours per week
Wage: $8/hr with monthly commission and bonuses for meeting sales goals and targets, depending on experience and performance. Base salary reviewed semesterly.
Timeline: Applications will be reviewed as received. Student Media intends to fill this position as soon as a suitable candidate can be identified.
- Advertising Orders:
- Receive, enter, and track all advertising orders to fulfillment.
- Ensure advertising performs as ordered and expected by the client.
- Receive and process all advertising materials as appropriate for the platform.
- Manage post-order fulfillment with necessary proof of performance, customer service, and client relationship management.
- Local and Campus Clients:
- Directly manage all sales for specified local and campus clients.
- Actively prospect and cultivate new local and campus clients.
- New Revenue Generation:
- Research and develop new revenue ideas for all platforms in conjunction with platform managers and content leadership.
- Become familiar with best practices of other student and professional media organizations and utilize ideas gained to improve revenue and sales processes.
- Special Product Management:
- Assist department Director in managing special products.
- Previous experience and/or education and training in sales, marketing, or similar.
- Experience in working in a team setting.
- Computer proficiency and ability/willingness to learn new programs and software.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in business, strategic communication, management, marketing, or similar preferred.