Student Media at the University of Utah seeks a student to become the Accounting Assistant for the department. Student Media is the publisher and owner of student-produced media platforms at the University of Utah. This position is responsible to help manage and oversee the accounting and bookkeeping processes of the department to ensure its financial success.
This position will help with the following: bookkeeping of all income and expenses, processing expenses and deposits via the university’s systems, data entry into shadow accounting system, assisting in formulating and presenting financial reports.
The Accounting Assistant reports to the department Business Manager.
Commitment: 10-12 hours per week
Wage: $9-10/hr depending on experience and performance, reviewed semesterly
Timeline: Applications will be reviewed as received. Student Media intends to fill this position before the end of Spring Semester 2020 with official start taking place towards the end of April 2020.
- Generate and send invoices, receive and enter payments, prepare and make deposits, track accounts receivable, provide reports on accounts past due, assist in collections, organize and file the necessary paperwork.
- Assist in processing expense requests, organize and file the necessary paperwork.
- Data Entry & Software:
- Use department provided software (currently QuickBooks and AdVendio) as shadow system to the university’s accounting system and reconcile accounts monthly.
- Financial Reporting:
- Assist Business Manager in collecting data from accounting systems and enter into Excel reports.
- Present financial reports to department Director.
- Previous experience and/or education and training in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Accounting software experience.
- Computer proficiency and ability/willingness to learn new programs and software.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in accounting or similar preferred.