Scholarship Position Description
All scholarships are determined by position, time commitment, responsibility, and financial budget.
The Student Media Council selects a student to be awarded a scholarship to serve as Director of VFTU.
Expectations & Duties:
- Primary responsibility is to be in charge of finding and filtering story ideas, content planning, conducting research on content, managing sources, etc.
- Attend weekly executive meetings to provide updates on content development, receive and provide feedback and criticism, plan future content, and coordinate production schedules. This is a mandatory requirement.
- Hold weekly team meetings to discuss, coordinate, create, and execute a plan for achieving content development objectives by set deadlines.
- Oversee each week’s content and production schedule.
- Provide content plan to writing team.
- Manage, train, guide, lead team of content creators.
- Prior leadership experience mandatory.
- Must be able to commit to the demand schedules and to maintain high levels of activity and quality of work.
- Previous work and/or education and training in video production or broadcast journalism.
- Preference given to applicants with prior experience in Student Media.
- Experience in producing video for different audiences and settings, such as entertainment, business, and journalism.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary software and tools used in video production process.
- Experience or knowledge of content distribution, particularly in the fields of video and film.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in film and media arts, mass communication, journalism, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
- Proof of finalized grades from the previous semester must be submitted before you will be interviewed for this position. There is no minimum GPA requirement.
The scholarship will be awarded according to a selection procedure established by the Student Media Council. Applications will be accepted until January 26, 2021. Applicants will be invited to meet with the current scholarship recipient and shadow the position. The Council will review initial applications and conduct an interview process during February. Selection of the scholarship recipient will be finalized by February 25, 2022. The experiential learning term is May 2022 through April 2023. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.
Use this form to apply now:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com