Internship Position Description
The Chronicle has been the independent student voice on campus since 1890! They’re looking for passionate, dedicated students who are interested in joining the team!
Commitment: 5-10 hours/week. Varies during the semester based on deadlines, desk needs, and assignments.
Scholarship Opportunities: First semester unpaid. Scholarships start to be available in the second semester. Each student is eligible to apply for a scholarship but it will be contingent on overall performance, commitment, enrollment, and fiscal budget. If a student doesn’t receive a scholarship they will continue serving as an intern until scholarship applications open for the following semester.
Timeline: Applications will be reviewed as received. Student positions will be filled/start for Fall 2022.
Job Description: The producer of the Chronicle’s narrative podcast will work as the manager of the project. This individual will be responsible for scheduling interviews, editing interview questions, editing outlines, and editing scripts. This person will be working most closely with the Multimedia Managing Editor and the host of the project. Furthermore, the producer will be expected to coordinate within the Chronicle to ensure proper promotion and functionality of the podcast. Ultimately, the producer will be responsible for shaping the story in a way that flows and is interesting to the listener.
- Creativity, being able want to explore new ideas
- Experience editing narrative style content
- Experience with Adobe Audition
- Marketing and promotion experience
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Enrolled at the University of Utah and making progress towards a degree
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to commit to the overall hourly commitment per semester including team meetings
- Able to meet strict deadlines and manage time appropriately
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com