Scholarship Position Description
Radio Senior Leadership – This position is awarded a scholarship for 2021-2022. All scholarships are determined by position, time commitment, responsibility, and financial budget determined in April. Specific questions about scholarship amounts may be directed to Kody Carbone – [email protected] or (801) 581-6397.
The K-UTE Station Manager selects students to be awarded a scholarship to serve as Genre Directors of K-UTE Radio.
Each director will be over their own respective genre. These requirements and priorities come before any and all side projects. If the priorities and requirements listed below are not met, reevaluation of this position will occur. This could consist of activity monitoring, position reallocation, or a scholarship rate decrease upon the reevaluation process.
- ATTENTION: This position requires a significant time commitment. If you are chosen and accept this position, it will be expected that you can satisfactorily meet the time commitment necessary. This means that you agree to not accept other positions outside of student media or otherwise make commitments that will impact your ability to meet this expectation.
- Mentoring team leaders and team members by providing them with direction and answering their questions.
- Meeting with team leaders and team members biweekly.
- Encourage all team members to create content.
- Work with other directors to form a broadcast and online content schedule.
- Network with artists to provide interview opportunities to team members.
- Must attend any and all leadership meetings unless otherwise specified.
- Meet with Team Leaders biweekly and the entire team monthly.
- Have excellent communication skills (both through email and in-person).
- Teach team members and leaders how to get interviews and properly interview artists.
- Aid in creating content with team members (providing ideas).
- Provide direction & mentoring for team members.
- Communicate with team members and team leaders regularly.
- Report progress to Station Manager.
- Previous work and/or education and training in broadcasting, podcasting, or audio/video production. Preference given to applicants with prior experience in Student Media entertainment platforms.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary equipment and software used in the broadcasting and recording process.
- Experience or knowledge of media marketing and content distribution, particularly in the fields of social media and community outreach.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or previous management experience preferred.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in mass communication, broadcast, film and media, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
All side projects are encouraged, but should only be pursued after all requirements and priorities have been met.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed during spring 2021 and interviews will be scheduled by the Station Manager. The position is open until filled. The experiential learning term is May 2021 through April 2022. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.
Use this form to apply now: