Social Media & Web Team Leader
Scholarship Position Description:
Radio Senior Leadership – This position is awarded a scholarship for 2021-2022. All scholarships are determined by position, time commitment, responsibility, and financial budget determined in April. Specific questions about scholarship amounts may be directed to Kody Carbone – [email protected] or (801) 581-6397.
The K-UTE Station Manager selects a student to be awarded a scholarship to serve as Social Media & Web Team Leader.
These requirements and priorities come before any and all side projects. If the priorities and requirements listed below are not met, reevaluation of this position will occur. All team leaders are required to be on at least two teams, one being at least Content or Events & Promotions. This could consist of activity monitoring, position reallocation, or a scholarship rate decrease upon the reevaluation process.
The Social Media & Web Team Leader is responsible to manage all station social media content and ensure the website is functioning correctly.
Responsibilities & Priorities:
- Help plan, produce, edit, and publish all social media content.
- Improve the functionality and look and feel of the website and mobile app.
- Coordinate the social media posts for all blog, podcasts, and events & promotions.
- Create trainings and tutorials to help team members easily promote content on their own social media feeds.
- Meet regularly with team members.
- Must attend and schedule meetings with social media and website team.
- Meet with Station Manager and other leadership biweekly.
- Must be proficient in writing and editing for social media platforms.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with team members and team leaders regularly through both virtual and in person meetings and methods.
- Report progress to Station Manager.
- Previous work and/or education and training in broadcasting, podcasting, or audio/video production. Preference given to applicants with prior experience in Student Media entertainment platforms.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary software used in web publishing.
- Experience or knowledge of media marketing and content distribution, particularly in the fields of social media and community outreach.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or previous management experience preferred.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in mass communication, broadcast, film and media, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
All side projects are encouraged, but should only be pursued after all requirements and priorities have been met.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed during spring 2021 and interviews will be scheduled by the Station Manager. The position is open until filled. The experiential learning term is May 2021 through April 2022. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.
Use this form to apply now: