Scholarship Position Description
Junior Leadership – $4,000 scholarship ($2,000 fall / $2,000 spring) – Each semester, scholarship is paid in two installments, $1,000 at the beginning and $1,000 in the middle of each semester.
Studio 200 leadership selects a student to be awarded a scholarship to serve as Lead Videographer of Studio 200, responsible for all production-related aspects of Studio 200.
Expectations & Duties:
- Primary responsibility is to prepare sets and facilitate production:
- Manage production schedule by reserving/arranging studio/location and all necessary equipment.
- Prepare sets by arranging lights/props and setting up AV elements.
- Conduct production by helping to direct on-camera talent and managing camera, sound, and grip.
- Resolve any problems with production.
- Deliver footage to editor on time and per production schedule.
- Communicate clearly with other Studio 200 leadership.
- Attend weekly executive meetings to provide updates on production, receive and provide feedback and criticism, plan future content, and coordinate production schedules. This is a mandatory requirement.
- Hold weekly team meetings to discuss, coordinate, create, and execute a plan for achieving production objectives by set deadlines.
- Oversee each week’s production schedule.
- Manage, train, guide, lead team of videographers.
- Prior leadership experience mandatory.
- Must be able to commit to the demand schedules and to maintain high levels of activity and quality of work.
- Previous work and/or education and training in video production or broadcast journalism. Preference given to applicants with prior experience in Studio 200 or Student Media.
- Experience in producing video for different audiences and settings, such as entertainment, business, and journalism.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary software and tools used in video production process.
- Experience or knowledge of content distribution, particularly in the fields of video and film.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in film and media arts, mass communication, journalism, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
- Proof of finalized grades from the previous semester must be submitted before you will be interviewed for this position. There is no minimum GPA requirement.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed as they are received. The position is open until filled. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.