Scholarship Position Description
Junior Leadership – $4,000 scholarship ($2,000 fall / $2,000 spring) – Each semester, scholarship is paid in two installments, $1,000 at the beginning and $1,000 in the middle of each semester.
Studio 200 leadership selects a student to be awarded a scholarship to serve as Lead Writer of Studio 200.
Expectations & Duties:
- Primary responsibility is to write and develop the script for each episode, coordinating with on-camera talent and Studio 200 leadership to manage, advise, and facilitate the writing team.
- Communicate clearly with other Studio 200 leadership.
- Attend weekly executive meetings to provide updates on the script, receive and provide feedback and criticism, plan future content, and coordinate production schedules. This is a mandatory requirement.
- Hold weekly team meetings to discuss, coordinate, create, and execute a plan for achieving writing objectives by set deadlines.
- Oversee each week’s story writing.
- Work directly with Content Lead to ensure writing meets content plans.
- Manage, train, guide, lead team of writers.
- Prior leadership experience mandatory.
- Must be able to commit to the demand schedules and to maintain high levels of activity and quality of work.
- Previous work and/or education and training in journalism, writing, and editing. Preference given to applicants with prior experience in Studio 200 or Student Media.
- Experience in writing for video for different audiences and settings, such as entertainment, business, and journalism.
- Understanding and working knowledge of necessary software and tools used in video production process.
- Experience or knowledge of content distribution, particularly in the fields of video and film.
- Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
- Major or minor in film and media arts, mass communication, journalism, strategic communication, or similar preferred.
- Proof of finalized grades from the previous semester must be submitted before you will be interviewed for this position. There is no minimum GPA requirement.
Applicants for this position will be reviewed as they are received. The position is open until filled. Please fill out the application below and follow all instructions for submitting the application and providing the necessary portfolio and documentation.